Pure Stock Rules
CAR SPECIFICATIONS 1. Any American made rear wheel drive car. Any full size half-ton truck, manufactured by Ford, General Motors, or Chrysler. No vans, 4WD’s or sport utilities.
2. Wheel base minimum shall be 101 inches.
3. Car and/or truck bodies must have the appearance of a stock car and be all steel. No other type of metal allowed. Plastic nose caps or valances permitted.
4. Engine a.Engine must have stock cast iron block, heads and exhaust manifolds. Only (Stock, O.E.M.) Intake manifold must be cat iron 2 barrel only. b. No Stroker or De-Stroker, 370 CID Max c. Hydraulic flat tappet cams and stock lifters. (No anti pump ups, No Rhodes lifters or mushroom type) d. No roller cams allowed, maximum of .470 lift at intake and exhaust valve, e. Maximum compression ratio of 9.3:1 f. Combustion chamber volume must be at east 72 cubic centimeters Maximum 2.02 intake valves g. No porting or bowl work allowed. Flat top pistons only. h. One, two barrel unaltered carburetor, O.E.M. type, 500-cfm flow maximum, Non-original carburetor for manufacturer is allowed: Holley 4412 is allowed. 1" spacer is maximum i. No Four Barrel Carburetors j. All cars are subject to inspection at anytime, and may require the removal of all illegal components 5. Transmission a. Factory transmission only b. Factory torque converter must be in place and functional.
6. Body and drive-train a. Front hoop is allowed for safety b. Minimum wheelbase is 101" c. Rear axle ration may be changed but must not be higher than 4.11:1 numerically d. Rear suspension must remain unchanged from stock e. Open rear ends only. No Lockers or welded spiders, no limited slip, no shimming f. Steel bodied cars only, no convertibles, no T-Tops,, or sunroofs allowed h. Doors may be skinned to fit roll cage. i. Front inner fenders may be skinned if not needed as a support j. Uni-body cars may use sub frame connector to tie front and rear suspensions together k. Suspension, steering, and brakes must be original equipment l. Replacement parts must be O.E.M. specifications m. Alignment changes are allowed as long as components are not modified n. Optional tubular nonadjustable upper control arms allowed. o. No updates, backdates, etc allowed: vehicle must are cosmetically and mechanically as it did from the factory p. Fender openings may be trimmed for tire clearance q. Car weight with driver minimum of 3,200lbs. No Ballast allowed r. Front engine rear wheel drive only. s. Brakes must be functional on all four wheels and no aftermarket proportioning valve t. 1" lug nuts mandatory
7. Tires and Wheels a. DOT radials or Hoosier/American racer g60 tires are allowed b. No Retreads. Tread must remain original; No Grooving, Siping. No Snow Tires allowed c. Tread width measured across the top of the tire must be 8" or less if D.O.T. tire. d. Tread wear rating must be plainly visible and must be greater than 250, also subject to minimum durometer reading e. Tires may protrude beyond body f. White spoke-type steel wheels or reinforced-center stock steel wheels allowed g. All four tires must be of the same size.
8. Electrical fuel pumps OK with an oil pressure switch or inertia switch mandatory.
9. Steering system must be stock or OEM replacement for make and model used. Steering shaft may be changed but it must be a collapsible type shaft. After market power steering pumps are allowed.
10. No steering quickeners allowed.
11. Front and rear bumpers are required and must be chained securely to the frame, rounded inward, or attached to fenders. No excessive reinforcement of the bumper (at discretion of track officials)